(Senior) IT Software Engineer
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Group Corporate Services Directorate – Group Digital Office (GCS-GDO) – Business Solutions Department (BSD) - Lending Division (LD) - Bespoke Banking Applications Unit (BBA) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) IT Software Engineer*. This is a full-time position at grade 5/6.
Panel interviews are anticipated for July.
The term of this contract is 4 years.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
*internally referred to as (Senior) Officer IT applications
Would you like to make an impact and deliver software solutions to the EIB’s core business lines? In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive the development, implementation and maintenance of bespoke banking applications, including supervising and coaching highly specialised external developers.
Our team is looking for top-notch software engineers who love listening to our business needs, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary.
Our mission is to innovate and build scalable and robust software solutions that deliver a great user experience.
Join our team, propose and design technical solutions following best industry standards!
The Bespoke Banking Applications (BBA) Unit develops applications that are at the heart of the EIB, supporting core business activities. We are constantly innovating in the way work and develop software, using state of the art technologies.
In this role, you will report to the Head of Unit and will work in close contact with the unit’s Project Managers and with other IT teams.
- Act as thought leader in backend, web and mobile technologies
- Lead the development of a number of banking applications
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve complex software systems having a very good understanding of the full-stack technologies ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems
- Be in lead of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Influence software engineering best practices within a team
- Mentor junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective.
- University degree preferably in computer science or related disciplines
- Experience in software architecture design, including supervision of the technical teams,
- Experience in the banking, financing or insurance domain would be considered an advantage
- In depth knowledge of one or several of the following technologies would be an advantage: Java EE, JBoss EAP, Hibernate, and in the design and implementation of REST APIs
- Knowledge in designing both logical and physical database models
- Knowledge of continuous integration and test automation tools would be an advantage
- Fluent in English and/or French(*) and preferably a solid understanding of the other
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunities employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. We encourage all suitably qualified and eligible candidates to apply regardless of their gender identity/expression, age, racial, ethnic and cultural background, religion and beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, disability or neurodiversity.
Applicants with specific needs are encouraged to request reasonable accommodations at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact the EIB Recruitment team Jobs@eib.org who will ensure that your request is handled.
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 20th June 2022